Phoenix—A top Google Inc. advertising executive presented her five ideas of what the digital advertising future will look like Tuesday at the Interactive Advertising Bureau Annual Leadership Meeting here.
Susan Wojcicki, senior VP-advertising at Google, sees this future as a series of C's:
- Choice: Ad viewership will be voluntary.
- Control: Users will participate if marketers and media provide enough value and control.
- Charm: "Ads will be more interactive and beautiful—at scale," Wojcicki said. "The ads shouldn't just be beautiful on home pages."
- Connected: "Ads will help people live their lives on the go," Wojcicki said.
- Calibration: All ads will be measured, with clicks being only one type of measurement.